What is the difference between this game and your 'historia-battles-rome' game - as the scenarios appear to be exactly the same in each case?
Res Militaria Rome
A downloadable game for Windows
Res Militaria is a cross-platform turn-based strategy game.
Inspired by classic chess game and traditional war board game, the main game philosophy is player involvement in real historical context, fun and challenge, keeping low game complexity and time to learn.
It is based on Historia Battles series, has the same turn based mechanic and has been improved with most user requested features, having a more charming and modern user interface. Historia Battles wargame has been fully rewritten using Godot and blender for unit graphic and animations.
The app collects some usage statistics, the user can disable this behaviour in the settings screen.
The reproduced battles are:
- 508 B.C. Porsenna siege of Rome (Romans VS Etruscans)
- 390 B.C. Allia Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
- 218 B.C. Hannibal Ticinus Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 218 B.C. Hannibal Trebia Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 217 B.C. Hannibal Trasimene Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 216 B.C. Hannibal Cannae Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 202 B.C. Hannibal Zama Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 58 B.C. Caesar Bibracte Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
- 57 B.C. Caesar Sabis Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
- 52 B.C. Caesar Gergovia Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
- 52 B.C. Caesar Alesia Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
Android version of the game is available on the Google Play store.
Rules of the game:
If all units are killed or home location conquered the player loses the game.
The unit attacked from side or back is damaged considering zero defend points.
The unit attacked can not move (it has no move points).
Unit severely wounded causes panic damage to near ones.
Unit located near home location gets +1 healing point for each turn.
Unit that kill other unit increases experience,attack and defend points, all life points are recovered.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The main difference is related to graphic and animation, units have been fully redesigned, from 4 frames (one for each 4 direction) are now 8 (8 directions) + 19x8 frames of animations for walking, fighting and idle (all rendered in hi-res using Blender). Have been added also blood effect, dynamic camera and fog on battle field. All the game has evolved according to many user feedbacks, keeping the same old mechanic and scenarios, in a more modern and refined aspect.