What is the difference between this game and your 'historia-battles-rome' game - as the scenarios appear to be exactly the same in each case?
Res Militaria Rome
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Res Militaria is a cross-platform turn-based strategy game.
Inspired by classic chess game and traditional war board game, it offers a wargame experience in a real historical context keeping low game complexity and time to learn. Try first the tutorial scenario to learn the basics.
It is based on Historia Battles series, has the same turn based mechanic and has been improved with most user requested features, having a more charming and modern user interface. Historia Battles wargame has been fully rewritten using Godot and blender for unit graphic and animations.
The app collects some usage statistics, the user can disable this behaviour in the settings screen.
The reproduced battles are:
- 508 B.C. Porsenna siege of Rome (Romans VS Etruscans)
- 390 B.C. Allia Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
- 218 B.C. Hannibal Ticinus Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 218 B.C. Hannibal Trebia Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 217 B.C. Hannibal Trasimene Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 216 B.C. Hannibal Cannae Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 202 B.C. Hannibal Zama Battle - (Romans VS Carthaginians)
- 58 B.C. Caesar Bibracte Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
- 57 B.C. Caesar Sabis Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
- 52 B.C. Caesar Gergovia Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
- 52 B.C. Caesar Alesia Battle (Romans VS Celtics)
- 9 A.D. Arminius Teutoburg Forest (Romans VS Germans)
- 16 A.D. Arminius Idistavisus Battle (Romans VS Germans)
Android version of the game is available on the Google Play store.
Rules of the game:
Game victory condition: all enemy units are killed or enemy home location has been conquered.
During the attack the damage is calculated as a diff of attack points (attacker) and defend points (attacked).
Ground cell characteristics could influences attack, defend points and range fire distance (for firing units). The unit attacked from side or back is damaged considering zero defend points.
The attacked unit can not move in the same turn (it has no move points).
Unit severely wounded causes panic damage to near ones.
Unit that kills other unit increases experience,attack and defend points, and all lost life points are recovered.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The main difference is related to graphic and animation, units have been fully redesigned, from 4 frames (one for each 4 direction) are now 8 (8 directions) + 19x8 frames of animations for walking, fighting and idle (all rendered in hi-res using Blender). Have been added also blood effect, dynamic camera and fog on battle field. All the game has evolved according to many user feedbacks, keeping the same old mechanic and scenarios, in a more modern and refined aspect.